Your ideal blog, give or take 'blog'.

Sunday, July 26, 2009

Yo Gabba Gabba!



To be honest, I don't really watch all that much television anymore. I'm not exactly sure as to whether it's a symptom of the fact I have less time or rather the pervasive lack of anything worth watching (a generalization, I'll concede).

Suffice to say that it's rare, rare indeed that I find myself completely and utterly enthralled for half an hour of television that I didn't set out to watch, yet, such is the power of Yo Gabba Gabba! Sure it's a kid's show, but it's a kid's show that will produce the coolest generation of kids ever to have graced us with their presence.


Hosted by the orange-jumpsuit-clad-figure seen above, the enigmatic DJ Lance Rock, who represents a godlike figure to the other characters (and god knows, I'd worship him), Yo Gabba Gabba manages to wrap the run-of-the-mill moralistic lessons integral to a children's show in music which would not seem at all out of place on your ipod.

The Yo Gabba Gabba! phenomenon has attracted guests such as Jack Black, Murray from Flight of the Concords, etc. as well as a phenomenal spectrum of musical talent with bands such as The Shins and Of Montreal both appearing.

Here's Of Montreal's contribution, in video-from-the-show form. So have a listen, and see if you can't catch the show at some point, it's definitely far more entertaining than most of the other crap on tv...



No comments: