Your ideal blog, give or take 'blog'.

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Montrealis


of Montreal
's cover (their first?) of Yoko Ono's I Felt Like Smashing My Face Through A Clear Glass Window, which featured on their 1997 EP "The Bird Who Continues To Eat The Rabbit's Flower"

I Felt Like Smashing My Face Through A Clear Glass Window - of Montreal

And their last year's cover of M.I.A's Jimmy:

Jimmy - of Montreal

Done more than a decade apart (what have you done either side of the past ten or so years?), and Kevin Barnes &c. are still playing it book in both the cover and non-cover sense, and I'm seeing them on the 5th of March at the Hi-Fi Bar, and maybe tickets are still available from Missing Link. The last few weeks of my summer holidays were laced heavily with their album The Sunlandic Twins from 2004, which you should search for and buy, because you will love it like your own child, so it will be good practice for parenting later on in life as well as great listening.

_________________________________________________

No comments: