Your ideal blog, give or take 'blog'.

Saturday, March 14, 2009

More like 'Bad Summer'

I thought the album For Emma, Forever Ago by Bon Iver (pronounced bon-ee-vair, not bon eye-ver) was great, and most of it was recorded in a cabin in Wisconsin, that's not a joke, would I lie to you?

And I know the EP
Blood Bank is several weeks old in news terms now, but I was thinking of posting something about this live bootleg of a Postal Service thing which I found but then didn't think was that enthralling, whereas saying something contrary to what you maybe think always is!!!114

That auto-tuning thing - which I think is called auto-tune - is heavily present on this one track called
Woods, and as such, you sure as hell can not see (as in, listen to) them (that is, the woods) for the trees (that is, the auto-tuning). Like the idiom, are you following? It was used in The Wolves (Act I and II) - off For Emma - at 2:55 or so and then again at whatever other corresponding spots it is, and it's just a bit...bad..I find.

The title-track is okay, the vocals for some reason sounding more and more in my mind like
TV On The Radio's except with those sensibilities rooted in a Wisconsin cabin. But if you remember that Imogen Heap of crap song from The OC about 2005 which played when something major happened to the residents of Orange County - nuclear fallout or something, I can't remember - well it's like that, and it just doesn't do much for me - sort of like sci-fi roleplaying.

Blindsided - Bon Iver
off
For Emma, Forever Ago

Woods - Bon Iver
off
Blood Bank

___________________________________________

1 comment:

Harry Hains said...

wolves (act I & II) and woods are amazing. i can't even pinpoint one negative thing about them. being harsh i see george